Credential changes are made without restarting any Presto clusters, so that running queries can continue to execute.
Any client or tool connecting to associated clusters will need the new credentials to successfully connect to those clusters.
To change a Presto user username or password:
- Select Security, then select Presto Users.
- In the Presto Users table, select View for the specific user.
- Select Change Credentials.
- Change either the entries for Username, Password and Confirm Password, or both.
- Select Modify Presto User.