Upgrades PrestoDB to version 0.274
- Improve the performance for aggregation operator
- Add support for TRUNCATE TABLE statement
- Improve performance of ANALYZE TABLE on hive tables with complex columns
- Add support for improving performance on Parquet table
- Add support for metadata-based listing and bootstrap for Hudi tables
- Add multiple support for ORC format caching module, basic timestamp, storing column comments for Iceberg tables
- Add a Clickhouse connector with support of username/password authentication
- Record JMX metrics for Glue Statistics and BatchGetPartition API call
- Improve cache performance by reducing contention in Presto's File System Cache
- Fixing metrics for partition cache stats
- Support Filelist caching for Symlink Tables
- Enable Ranger rest end-point policy access in secure mode
- Disable cache for Ranger Roles
- Improve aggregation operator performance for grouping key of bigInt data type
- Fix incorrect output using filters on ORC data
- Parquet reader performance improvement
Overall, this release demonstrates a commitment to enhancing the functionality and efficiency of Ahana's data analytics platform.
- Public API updates, including: creating Presto clusters, deleting Presto clusters, attaching data sources, updating autoscaling & concurrency, and retrieving Presto users and data sources. See public API docs.
- Option to further restrict Permission Boundary AWS Policy with VPC constraint for applicable permissions. To enable this capability, contact your Ahana account manager or contact Ahana Support.
- Option to provision internal load balancer, which can eliminate the need for any public subnets. To enable this capability, contact your Ahana account manager or contact Ahana Support.
- Support CPU auto scale in (experimental). To enable this capability, contact your Ahana account manager or contact Ahana Support.
- Released Ahana Cloud Community Edition.
- Upgrades PrestoDB to version 0.270.
- Adds the Amazon Graviton EC2 instance types R6g, M6g, and C6g as available options for Ahana-managed Presto clusters. See Create a Presto Cluster.
- Apache Ranger integration supports fine-grained access control, supports SSL-enabled Apache Ranger services, and supports centralized auditing and control of user access to sensitive data. See Apache Ranger Integration.
- Offers the ability to enable RaptorX multi-level Data Lake Caching. See Set the Data Lake Settings in Create a New Presto Cluster.
- Upgrades PrestoDB to version 0.264.
- Adds size-bases split weights for hive and weighted split scheduling
- Fix CBO broadcast join reordering
- Improve Decimal Aggregation State Serializer performance
- Improve PartitioningExchanger performance
- Dynamic filter enhancement for better performance
- Integrates the Iceberg connector for backend support only
- Added support for PostGIS data type columns for the Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL connector.
- Split single IAM policy in Ahana Provisioning Role into multiple IAM policies. This allows for a more restrictive set of permissions once the Ahana Compute Plane has been provisioned. Specifically, all the permissions that are only necessary for compute plane provisioning and deprovisioning can be removed during managed service operation. See Detached Core AWS Infrastructure Policy.
- Adds the ability to specify a Glue Data Catalog ID for Glue cross-account access. See Add a Glue Data Catalog for S3.
- Support for Lake Formation fine-grained permissions, including row-level security. See AWS Lake Formation Integration.
- Manually reducing Presto workers on a cluster gracefully shuts down workers so that any running queries do not fail due to the scale in. See Query Termination Grace Period.
- Ahana-managed Presto clusters and all their services — coordinator node, worker nodes, Hive Metastore, and so on) are deployed into a single Availability Zone (AZ) to reduce cross-AZ data transfer costs.
- Adds the ability to subscribe to a fixed time contract in the AWS Marketplace. See Subscriptions.
- Adds a meaningful error message when attempting to delete an Ahana-managed S3 bucket does not succeed due to a bucket policy that prevents its deletion. See Ahana-managed S3 buckets.
- Adds the ability for multiple Ahana user accounts to access an Ahana SaaS Console.
- Adds the Amazon EC2 instance types R5d, R5a, M5d, M5a, M6i, C5a as available options for an Ahana-managed Presto cluster. See Create a Presto Cluster.
- Adds support for user-defined SQL functions in Presto. See Define SQL Functions.
- Expands the AWS Region deployment options for an Ahana Compute Plane to include ap-south-1 (Mumbai).
- Adds the ability to Modify Data Sources in the Ahana SaaS Console.
- Improves the UI of Amazon RDS for MySQL Data Source Connection Configuration in the Ahana SaaS Console. See Configure the data source details.
- Improves the UI of Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL Data Source Connection Configuration in the Ahana SaaS Console. See Configure the data source details.
- Support multiple Presto users. See Presto Users Overview.
- Adds the ability to set Low or High Concurrency for Ahana-managed Presto clusters to set configuration values for the expected use. See Select the Workload Profile in Create a New Presto Cluster.
- Expands the AWS Region deployment options for an Ahana Compute Plane to include ap-southeast-2 (Sydney).
- Improves the UI of Amazon Redshift Data Source Connection Configuration in the Ahana SaaS Console by combining the JDBC URL and Database fields into an Endpoint field. See Configure the Redshift cluster access details.
- Improves the UI of Elasticsearch Data Source Connection Configuration in the Ahana SaaS Console.
- Change the Total IO Cache size displayed for a cluster in the Ahana SaaS Console to more accurately reflect the IO cache space available before cached files begin to be evicted.
- Fixes an issue where changing the settings in Manage Data Sources caused the Ahana SaaS Console to stop responding.
- Fixes an issue where viewing an Ahana-managed Presto cluster’s information in View Presto Clusters paused the uptime in the Ahana SaaS Console.
31 July 2021
- Stop setting the use-instance-credentials property for Hive and Elasticsearch data sources to maintain consistency with Presto in their 0.249-AHN-1.3 release.
19 July 2021
- Adds the ability to delete Ahana-managed S3 Buckets when deleting a cluster.
- Adds the ability to view and manage the Ahana-managed S3 Buckets created as part of the Presto clusters creation.
12 July 2021
- Changes Idle Time Window for both Static and Scale out on CPU clusters to be between 10 minutes and 60 minutes.
- Integrates the Apache Ranger plugin for backend support only.
- Update Nginx to address a DNS resolver vulnerability.
- Adds the ability to edit Data sources that are not attached to any clusters. See Modify Data Sources.
- Adds access to the Presto console directly from the Cluster view. See View Presto Clusters.
- Adds a direct Link to the IAM Role in the AWS console from the account settings page.
21 June 2021
- Upgrades PrestoDB to version 0.249.2.
- Introduces Autoscaling for Presto clusters based on CPU utilization.
- Introduces Idle time cost saving where a Presto cluster can resize to a single worker node when no queries have been received for a user-specified amount of time.
- Adds Support for disabling parquet column index access at split processing with HUDI tables.
- Changes the navigation to Superset to go directly to the SQL Editor.
- Adds Support for EKS Fleet management in AWS Systems Manager.
- Improve Error messages on the Ahana Cloud Console.
- Improves Security by rearchitecting the Compute Plane to deploy resources in Private subnets.
- Fixes an issue where the caching performance degrades significantly with small files.
13 May 2021
- Simplifies the integration with a Glue Catalog by offering the ability to automatically create the necessary AWS IAM roles using a CloudFormation template.
- Changes the Superset URI scheme to the syntax
- Changes the Presto credentials complexity to allow more special characters.
- Fixes an issue where a cluster uptime would reset to 0 when updating the number of worker nodes.
- Fixes an issue where the Send Logs feature wasn't working properly.
26 April 2021
- Offers support for a public REST API to manage the Presto clusters.
- Allows Presto clusters to have up to 100 worker nodes.
- Adds support for disabling Parquet column index access at during split processing.
- Adds the ability to insert into external tables in Glue.
- Fixes an issue where the Data lake IO caching was only working for one catalog when enabled for multiple catalogs.
29 March 2021
- Offers the ability to enable Data Lake IO caching.
- Adds additional AWS Instance types to select from
- Improves the Presto cluster provisioning time by 30%.
- Reduces the Compute Plane creation and destruction time by half.
- Adds the ability to destroy the Compute Plane after the trial period expired.
- Reduces the default AWS instance for the Ahana-manged Hive metastore in a Presto cluster.
22 February 2021
- Updates Presto configuration with Cost Based Optimization (CBO) and Dynamic filtering enabled.
- Simplifies the Compute Plane creation by offering the ability to automatically create the necessary AWS IAM role using a CloudFormation template.
- Adds the ability for Trial customers to subscribe to the Product via the AWS Marketplace.
- Displays the compute plan version in the Account settings section to help with Support.
- Displays the name of the S3 Bucket used by the Ahana managed Hive metastore and provide a direct link to the bucket on the AWS console.
- Fixes an issue where a CSV upload in Superset would result in an HTTP 500 error.
- Fixes an issue where Superset would show an HTTP 502 Bad Gateway error.
- Fixes an issue in the Elasticsearch connector where queries would fail if any of the table's columns are of an unsupported data type.
25 January 2021
- Offers the ability to select a custom CIDR range when creating an Ahana Compute Plane.
- Implements ASYNC query execution support to Superset which enables long running queries.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where Superset gives a Bad Gateway error.
- Display the corresponding AWS instance types per resource, i.e the Presto Coordinator, the Presto Workers and the Hive Metastore, in the Cluster details view.
9 December 2020 - GA Release
- Offers AWS Marketplace Integration.
- Offers better logging and monitoring integration.
- Adds the ability to Query the Presto Query Log with Presto.
- Adds a button to send Logs to Ahana Support for Troubleshooting.
- Superset logs flow to AWS CloudWatch.
- Improves the security of your Presto clusters.
- Added mandatory password protection on all Presto clusters created.
- Enabled HTTPS-only access to clusters.
- Reduces the Infrastructure cost.
- The Ahana-managed Hive metastore is now optional.