HANDS-ON VIRTUAL LAB FOR DATA PLATFORM ENGINEERS:
Building an Open Data Lakehouse with Presto, Hudi, and AWS S3
Learn how to build an open data lakehouse stack using Presto, Apache Hudi and AWS S3 in this free hands-on lab.
Thursday, August 11 | 10am PT
Come prepared to have your video on while following along with the instructor – this is an interactive session and we encourage participation from everyone attending!
This event has ended.
To keep up-to-date on Ahana events sign up for our newsletter.
What you’ll learn:
- A quick overview on the open data lakehouse stack, including what is Presto (query engine) and what is Apache Hudi (transaction layer)
- How to get HUDI support on Presto
- Querying HUDI data with Presto
- How to use Presto to query your AWS S3 Data Lake
- Future – What additional HUDI support is coming to Presto
- Introduction to Presto
- Walk through writing data using Spark in HUDI format
- Querying data via Presto
- How ACID compliance works in this stack
- Out of the box support for Hudi on Presto
By the end of this lab, you’ll know how to run queries with Presto and Hudi to optimize your AWS S3 data lake.
Jalpreet Singh Nanda