HANDS-ON VIRTUAL LAB FOR DATA aRCHITECTS & ENGINEERS:
Building an Open Data Lakehouse on AWS with Presto and Apache Hudi
Learn how to build an open data lakehouse using Presto, Apache Hudi and AWS S3 in this free hands-on lab
Thursday, Mar. 30 at 8am PT | 11am ET | 4pm GMT | 9:30pm IST
Virtual Lab: Building an Open Data Lakehouse on AWS with Presto and Apache Hudi
You may be familiar with the Data Lakehouse, an emerging architecture that brings the flexibility, scale and cost management benefits of the data lake together with the data management capabilities of the data warehouse. In this workshop, we’ll get hands-on building an Open Data Lakehouse – an approach that brings open technologies and formats to your lakehouse.
For the purpose of this workshop, we’ll use Presto for the open source SQL query engine, Apache Hudi for ACID transactions, and AWS S3 for the data lake. You’ll get hands-on with Presto and Hudi. We’ll show you how to deploy each, connect them, set up your Hudi tables for ACID transactions, and finally run queries on your S3 data.
By the end, you should be well-versed in Presto and Hudi and have the building blocks created for your own Open Data Lakehouse.
- Introduction to the Open Data Lakehouse, including what is Presto and what is Apache Hudi
- Deploying Presto in AWS with Ahana Cloud
- Querying S3 with Presto
- Integrating Hudi with Presto
- Inserting data into Hudi and querying your Hudi table with Presto
- Future roadmap – what additional Hudi support is coming to Presto like ACID compliance and table versioning
Register for the lab
Head of Developer Relations, Onehouse
Product Manager, Ahana