April 2022 | Content Curated by Ahana
|Do you have Presto content you want to share? 👇|
The monthly Presto Virtual Meetup is ongoing and we want to hear from you If you use Presto and want to share your use case with the community, we’d love that…and we’ll send you a Presto swag pack as a thanks
|It’s been a great Spring season with the release of 0.272 that includes more performance and optimization features.|
- Support for concurrent insertion for Iceberg connector from the same Presto cluster or multiple Presto clusters which share the same Metastore.
- New adaptive execution policy; reduces the maximum concurrent running task count and improves reliability in heavily loaded clusters that run very high-stage queries, as may be generated by BI tools, ETL jobs, or complex analytical queries.
- Support ability to stream partial aggregated data; improves the performance of aggregation when the data is already ordered by the group-by keys.
- Skip reading Parquet pages using Column Indexes feature; When reading pages, a reader doesn’t need to process the page header to determine whether the page could be skipped based on the statistics.
- Improve performance by enabling Cost based optimizations by default.
- Introducing Lark Sheets connector. The Lark Sheets connector allows reading Lark spreadsheets as tables in Presto. 📣 Shout out to Todd Gao for his contribution!
|Blog: Presto on Apache Kafka At Uber ScaleUber shares how they have connected Presto and Apache Kafka to enable a lightweight, interactive SQL query directly over Kafka via Presto at Uber scale. |
Blog: Disaggregated Coordinator for Presto (Meta)Learn more about the work Meta has done for Presto’s disaggregated coordinator that allows that coordinator to be horizontally scaled out across a single pool of workers.
| Ahana was named one of the Coolest Business Analytics Companies of 2022 |
April 28 at 10 AM PT – Virtual Lab: SQL on the Data Lake: Presto on AWS S3 Learn how to query and analyze your AWS S3-based data lake using Presto in this 90 minute free hands-on lab.
Customer Highlight: Blinkit Leading Indian instant delivery service Blinkit moved from their data warehouse to Ahana to underpin their Open Data Lakehouse. Today they power 200K orders/day and promise deliveries in just 10 minutes with Ahana for Presto.