February 2022 | Content Curated by Ahana
We hope you’re doing well and, like us, are looking forward to the changing of the season! 🌱 We’re excited to share the most up-to-date news about Presto with you. Read on to catch up on what’s happening in the community!
We’re thrilled to invite you to a very special Presto tech talk for March which will explore using Presto with Apache Superset. Join us to learn what makes Presto and Superset together a supremely powerful combo to use for data queries.
Presto Tech Talk: Intro to Presto and Superset
Presto and Superset are a powerful combination, because it enables analysts to query data from a data lake environment or join data from multiple data sources. In this event, we’ll do an introductory demo on how to query data from S3 using Presto to build a Superset dashboard.
- Srini Kadamati, Developer Advocate at Preset (Apache Superset)
- Seb Benmbarek, Senior Product Manager at Ahana
Full details and to sign up head here.
This month is particularly exciting as we have not one but two releases!
We’re excited to announce the addition of the Native Delta Lake Connector feature which allows for the reading of Delta Lake tables natively in Presto instead of using a manifest file (symlink_format_manifest). This enhances the Open Data Lake Experience with Presto, offering:
- Robust data consistency
- Automatic schema evolution
- More memory performance
- No additional manual intervention
- Time travel query
The connector is available by default with your Presto installation. Here are the recent office hours in which we discuss the design decisions and internals of the Presto/Delta connector. Be sure to take a look at the recording.
And, feel free to send us a message on Slack at prestodb.slack.com if you’d like any additional information.
Here’s a grateful and hearty shout out to Venki Korukanti for his contribution!
- 🗣 March 23-24, Data Council Austin – Visit the Ahana table during the event for a chance to win a drone and to learn more about Ahana Cloud for Presto.
- 🔬March 29 at 10AM PT – Virtual Lab: Building an Open Data Lakehouse with Presto, Hudi, and AWS S3. Learn how to build an open data lakehouse stack using Presto, Apache Hudi and AWS S3 in this 90 minute hands-on lab.