January 2022 | Content Curated by Ahana
Happy New Year! 🎊 We’d like to keep ringing it in by delivering community goodness in the form of upcoming events, software releases and additional news around Presto. Read on to see what’s happening.
Join us for two tech talks from expert developers who use Presto at scale. Check out this lineup and sign up to attend!
🗣 Talk 1: Real Time Analytics at Uber with Presto-Pinot
- Ankit Sultana, Senior Software Engineer @ Real Time Analytics team at Uber
- Christina Li, Software Engineer @ Real Time Analytics team at Uber
- Dharak Kharod, Former Software Engineer at Uber
🗣 Talk 2: Build & Query Secure S3 Data Lakes with Ahana Cloud and AWS Lake Formation
Speaker: Wen Phan, Principal Product Manager at Ahana
Full details and to sign up head here.
We’re excited to start off the year with the release of 0.268!
The top features of the month are:
👉 Support hive built-in scalar function #16737 (Author: zhaoyulong)
With the help of this feature, Presto allows you to use the same scalar functions that are available in your Hive deployment.
👉 Support consistent hashing in soft affinity node selection strategy #17115 (Author: Rongrong Zhong) This feature adds support to use consistent hashing as a hash strategy when affinity scheduling is used.
The Presto Foundation is aware of the recently disclosed vulnerabilities related to the open-source Apache “Log4j2” utility, and we’d like to give a huge thanks to Jinlin Zhang and Costin for their active contribution to this issue.
- 📣 Ahana was named one of the 100 best remote-first companies to work for by BuiltIn
- 💻 Ahana Cofounders make data predictions for 2022
- 📖 Benchmarking Presto – How to run a TPC-H Benchmark on Presto. We have written a technical guide on how to set up your Presto benchmark using benchto.
- 🔬 January 27 at 10AM PT – Virtual Lab: SQL on the Data Lake: Presto on AWS S3. Learn how to query and analyze your S3-based data lake using PrestoDB. Register today, space is limited!
- 🗣 February 10 at 11AM PT – DBTA Roundtable Top Trends in Modern Data Architecture in 2022. Join Ahana at this discussion on the top trends in modern data architecture in 2022.
- 🗣 March 23-24, Data Council Austin – Visit the Ahana table during the event for a chance to win a drone and to learn more about Ahana Cloud for Presto.
- 💻 Did you miss the recent webinar on building and securing your S3 data lake with AWS Lake Formation and Ahana Cloud? Watch it today on-demand.