November 2021 | Content Curated by Ahana
How time has flown. As we approach the end of the year together and the holiday season, we send you our best along with the most recent updates around Presto and other affiliated news.
Thanks as always for your continued support.
PrestoCon will be held on December 9th! Join us for this incredible learning opportunity featuring talks by Presto users covering ways leading companies are using Presto at scale, and diving into the innovation happening with great projects such as the Delta Lake Connector and the Iceberg Connector. Take a look at the valuable presentations offered on the schedule and register today!
What an exciting month for new releases and added features! Check them out along with well deserved Contributor shoutouts!
- A native mode support in Iceberg connector, that can be used to run queries against Iceberg native catalogs without a Hive installation. This implementation has no dependency on the Hive connector
- Introduce BenchmarkBlocks. Block operations are used widely in Presto, and this feature adds a new JMH benchmark that measures the performance of such operations
- Upgrade Apache Hudi support to 0.9.0
Community Contributor Shoutout
- Jack Ye – Native Mode Support in Iceberg Connector
- Ying Su – Introduce BenchmarkBlocks
- Sagar Sumit – Upgrade Apache Hudi Support to 0.9.0
- Ersin Gülbahar – Community Blog Contribution
- Scaling with Presto on Spark. Dive into the Presto on Spark integration and why it matters!
- Hands-On Presto Tutorial: Presto 105. This blog shows how to run Presto with the AWS Glue catalog on your laptop!
- Tutorial: How to define SQL functions with Presto across all connectors. Learn how to implement your own SQL function with Presto.
- PrestoDB Query on Kafka, Oracle, and PostgreSQL. Here you can learn how to how to join three different data sources with a single Presto query.
Ahana is incredibly proud to be chosen as a finalist from a pool of 373 applicants! That’s impressive!
- Nov 22 at 2pm PT. Join us for “Howdy, Partner!,” a Twitch livestream hosted by AWS. We’ll be showing a demo of Ahana Cloud in action with the AWS team.
- Nov. 29 – Dec. 3. Ahana will be at AWS re:Invent! Visit Booth Number: #833 during the expo to chat and get your chance to win a drone!
- December 1 at 10a PT. A Linux Foundation Webinar: An Introduction To Presto, The Open Source Distributed SQL Query Engine For The Data Lake. Register here
- Dec. 16 at 10a PT. Solutions Review Data Demo Days. Join us for a virtual trade show for data management and analytics. Register here