Presto ODBC Driver
Get SQL access to Presto with the ODBC driver. With the Presto ODBC driver, any applications that use ODBC can connect to Ahana Cloud for Presto too. Run your reports and dashboards with the power of Presto, the de facto SQL query engine for data lakes. Federate across data lakes and many other data sources.
Leverage the Presto ODBC driver with Ahana Cloud for Presto, a managed service on AWS.
How it works
The Presto ODBC Driver lets organizations connect their BI tools to Presto. Any analytic application that can leverage ODBC to connect to data sources can connect to Presto with this driver.
Users get high performance data access through built-in Collaborative Query Execution (CQE) for join, filter, and aggregation workflows that are passed directly to Presto rather than being processed within the client application.
Presto provides an ANSI SQL query engine and also exposes the metadata information through an ANSI SQL standard metadata database called INFORMATION_SCHEMA. The Presto ODBC Driver leverages INFORMATION_SCHEMA to expose Presto’s metadata to BI tools as needed.
- Use SQL to access data via Presto from many different analytic applications (i.e. Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, and more)
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
- Supports 32- and 64-bit applications
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Supports PrestoDB Server versions 0.243 and earlier
- Leverage INFORMATION_SCHEMA to expose to BI tools Presto’s metadata about data sources configured to BI tools as needed
- Get Presto’s native filtering & aggregation capabilities
- Query data in place across multiple sources – no need for costly ETL processes