HANDS-ON VIRTUAL LAB FOR DATA PLATFORM ENGINEERS:
Querying Data in AWS S3 with Presto
Learn how to query and analyze your AWS S3-based data lake using Presto in this 90 minute free hands-on lab.
Tuesday, Dec 7th | 10am PT
Event has ended
Sign up for our mailing list to be notified about the next lab.
Virtual Lab: Querying Data in AWS S3 with Presto
In this 90 minute hands-on virtual lab built for data platform engineers, you’ll learn how to query and analyze your S3-based data lake using PrestoDB, an open source SQL query engine, with Ahana Cloud, SaaS for Presto.
Come prepared to have your video on while following along with the instructor – this is an interactive session and we encourage participation from everyone attending!
What you’ll learn
- What is Presto and why you’d use it
- How to write a Presto query
- How to create and deploy a Presto cluster in AWS using Ahana Cloud
- How to use Presto to query your AWS S3 data lake
- How to use Presto to query across other data sources like MySQL, RedShift, and AWS Glue
- How to create dashboards/visualizations of your data
- Introduction to Presto
- Writing your first Presto Query
- Create and deploy your first Presto cluster in AWS using Ahana Cloud
- Add data sources to Presto like MySQL, Amazon Glue and Amazon RedShift
- Query AWS S3 with your Presto and Hive metastore cluster using Apache Superset
- Build a dashboard to view your data
By the end of this lab, you’ll know how to run basic queries with Presto and how to query your AWS S3-based data lake.