HANDS-ON VIRTUAL LAB:
Querying Data in S3 with PrestoDB
Learn how to query and analyze your S3-based data lake using PrestoDB in this 75 minute free hands-on lab.
Tuesday, Feb 23 | 9am PT
Note: We are currently sold out but will be opening up more seats for this lab. Please sign up for the waitlist and we will notify you once more seats are available.
Virtual Lab: Querying Data in AWS S3 with PrestoDB
In this 75 minute hands-on virtual lab, you’ll learn how to query and analyze your S3-based data lake using PrestoDB, an open source SQL query engine, with Ahana Cloud, a managed Presto service.
- Register for Ahana Cloud (<1 min)
- Set up cross-account access in AWS (2 min)
- Ahana automates AWS environment where Presto clusters will be created (20-30 min)
- While environment is deployed, introduction to Presto (20 min)
- Create a Presto cluster (3 min)
- Add data sources to Presto like MySQL, Elasticsearch, Amazon Glue or Redshift (5-10 min)
- Query S3 with your Presto and Hive metastore cluster using Apache Superset (5 min)
By the end of this lab, you’ll be able to query your AWS S3-based data lake using PrestoDB and Ahana Cloud.
In addition to an AWS account, here are the prerequisites needed for this lab.